Coyote in the yard with the chickens - Hastings

gifters
Please type the second number in the list: 6
Are you posting spam?: No

Coyote in the yard with the chickens - Hastings

Postby gifters » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:08 pm

Well, about a week ago our Coyote problem started. A black dog was chasing our rooster. (According to our three year old) Anyway we lost a couple more birds while we were out watching them. Two coyotes came and snatched two of our birds while we were outside. We've had the birds locked in the coop since but haven't seen the coyotes. I've tried calling some with no luck. One of the coyotes is black colored. I've talked to the DNR and office I spoke to gave me the green light to do whatever I need to to take care of them on my land if they're going for my birds.

I live near Hastings Michigan and I'm hoping that someone in the area will find this post although it doesn't seem like the forum is super active. I'd love any mentoring in trapping offered. And with 5 month old twins, I don't have time to do furs, I'd want to try tanning them myself when I had time, you're welcome to them.

Beaverhunter2

Re: Coyote in the yard with the chickens - Hastings

Postby Beaverhunter2 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:24 pm

You're a little out of my area but we may be able to find someone to help. Email Mike Schippa at griffonhunter01@yahoo.com There's more activity on the MTPCA Facebook page, too. Another thing I'd suggest is come to the National Trappers Association Convention we are hosting in Kalamazoo August 18-20. Lots of demos, supplies, and good clean fun!

John Caretti
Editor
MTPCA

gifters

Re: Coyote in the yard with the chickens - Hastings

Postby gifters » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:09 pm

I saw that. The plan is to go one day. I ordered some snares. A buddy I know down near Richland is having coyotes come in his yard this year as well. I'll see if I can find the event page on facebook if there is one, tag him.

Return to “General Trapping Talk”