Rookie trapper looking for Bobcat, Coyote, and sellin tips?

Post your questions about trapping and the MTPCA here.
NMUtrapper
Please type the second number in the list: 6
Are you posting spam?: No

Rookie trapper looking for Bobcat, Coyote, and sellin tips?

Postby NMUtrapper » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:03 am

Hey guys I'm kind of new to trapping. I have tagged a long with my dad for years trapping yotes here in Lenawee county about as far south in Michigan you can go. I've done a little coon trapping on my own taking in what my father has taught me and was slightly successful. Of course there is no Bobcat here but I have recently moved to the U.P. for college. Northern Michigan University which is in the Marquette area. I did some trapper my freshmen year up there trying for beaver I missed a few and my trapping partner caught 6 including a 45 pounder. I kept having problems with catching rats in my beaver footholds I mean they still bring money and I was happy to catch something but that wasn't what I was going for. But this season I really want to focus on a Bobcat and I really don't even know where to start. Tips would be awesome. Also does anyone have tips on U.P. yote trapping I have seen a few up and they are slightly larger than the canines down here. I would also like to know where the closest place to sell furs from Marquette is.
Thanks guys I hope you can help out this rookie posting.php?mode=post&f=6&sid=02207c170a5ccace98054408f2770131#

Trapper Jon

Re: Rookie trapper looking for Bobcat, Coyote, and sellin tips?

Postby Trapper Jon » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:42 am

Hi Rookie Welcome Back to trapping.

I would go out to the Michigan Sportman Forum. there are a few more Up Trapper I believe. You will have a better chance at getting an answere there.

Jon
Hey your kids are calling you, go take them Trapping, Hunting, Fishing, or Camping.

Jon S.

NMUtrapper

Re: Rookie trapper looking for Bobcat, Coyote, and sellin tips?

Postby NMUtrapper » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:32 pm

Ok Jon sounds good thanks!!

Return to “Questions”