looking to tag along on a trapline

Post your questions about trapping and the MTPCA here.
nizzbone
Please type the second number in the list: 6
Are you posting spam?: No

looking to tag along on a trapline

Postby nizzbone » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Hello, my name is Matt. I live in Ann Arbor and have been trapping for about two years. I have no mentor, and have been trying to figure it out on my own. I have had some sucess, but am looking for an experienced trapper that might be willing to let me tag along on their trapline so that I could get some firsthand wisdom. I am obsessed with trapping- its all i think about, but I feel like i am growing very slowly as a trapper because i have nobody to teach me. Not looking for a big commitment, just somebody experienced that would have me along once or twice to start with at least. Thanks for considering my proposition! I am interested primarily in conibears and snares.

Beaverhunter2

Re: looking to tag along on a trapline

Postby Beaverhunter2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:56 pm

My under-ice line for muskrats is wrapping up. After that I'll be doing a little spring beaver. You'd be welcome to come along. I do use some footholds for beaver but all are lethal sets. Let me know.

John
Editor
MTPCA

nizzbone

Re: looking to tag along on a trapline

Postby nizzbone » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Hey John!! I was excited to get your message and I am very interested in learning to catch beaver. Where do you do your trapping? I am in ann arbor but would definitely be willing to travel to tag along. Thank you so much for the offer!!!

Return to “Questions”