best ways to rid residence of woodchucks

Post your questions about trapping and the MTPCA here.
Allmany
Please type the second number in the list: 6
Are you posting spam?: No

best ways to rid residence of woodchucks

Postby Allmany » Thu May 16, 2013 9:56 am

Hello, I live in the thumb area of Mi and I need help from the people who know about woodchucks and getting rid of them. I have been reading about this online. Some say havahart traps are fine-others call them "walmart" of traps. I want to buy one trap to start with, if I can get away with it. I thought 12W x 10-12H x 30-36L. I think thats big enough, you? Also I looked at tomahawk and another sold in Mi from F&T. Any comments on best size or brand/dealer? Using a pellet gun, or other means to dispatch? Any advice will be very appreciated! Thank you in advance!!!

Seaarkshooter

Re: best ways to rid residence of woodchucks

Postby Seaarkshooter » Mon May 20, 2013 5:57 am

If you know where the active holes are, a 160 recessed into the opening is as good as it gets. I have even caught large adults targeting the young in 110s. No bait needed. Find the den entrances and you are golden. There is usually one on an angle that has alot of sand at the entrance and another one 10 to 15 feet away that goes straight down and hidden. The one going straight down being the one they use in case they're being chased. Sometimes they're harder to find but almost always are there.

Return to “Questions”