new to trapping looking for mentor

Feel free to list your outdoor gear for sale.
JTrent
Please type the second number in the list: 6
Are you posting spam?: No

new to trapping looking for mentor

Postby JTrent » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:15 pm

I also have a post in question section asking same thing. i am hard worker looking for an ethical mentor around grand rapids area. i love hunting, fishing, trapping, camping. i work hardand would be willing to help with all preps liike dying, waxing, builiding box sets, etc. I want to learn all aspects of trapping. this past weekend i attended the kalamazoo trapper education class with kahler schuemann. i have teansportation and lots of time in golf offseason due to working at course. i also have lots of private land to trap on. Ethics are very important to me. i want to start with coons, minks, rats. But eventually would want to learn beaver fox and coyote. willing to tag along on any line thank you
" I'm a low tech man in a high tech world." Phil Robertson

First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns...next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants. - Si

Beaverhunter2

Re: new to trapping looking for mentor

Postby Beaverhunter2 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:52 pm

I'm a little far from you (SE LP) but I'd suggest you come to the Conventions and attend the demos. You'll learn more in a couple days than you would learn in a couple years on your own.

MMIT's is in May. Our's is in August. Watch the Events Page.

Good luck and welcome to the Sport!

John
Editor
MTPCA

JTrent

Re: new to trapping looking for mentor

Postby JTrent » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:26 pm

thanks ill be there!
" I'm a low tech man in a high tech world." Phil Robertson

First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns...next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants. - Si

Return to “Classifieds”