Sorry so late fellas, I have been busy the last couple days.
MTPCA Conference Call Minutes, 10/16/2013
Board Members present:
• Dale Hendershot
• Tamie Lundborg
• John Caretti
• Emily Caretti
• Jon Southworth
• Ed Lundborg
• Dennis Cronk
• Jeff Whipple
• Ken Bowlby
• Everett Emery
• Chris Elie
• Gary Schinske
• Dale sent out email with ad prices for Trapper & Predator Caller
o $1000 to $1,100 full page color
o $500 1/2 Page B&W
o $400 1/3 Page B&W
o $275 1/4 Page B&W
o $200 1/5 Page B&W
• Will see what board says, but Dale thinks we need to put out an ad for a few months
• October 28 is the deadline for us to get them the ad
• Advertisement for Defend the Hunt
o Pointed more toward fur project
We have numbers for both groups
• Both groups encouraged that we not put our numbers in the ad, rather put MTPCA or Defend the Hunt
o Do 1/3 and then ¼ for a few months?
o Why no numbers?
Security issue with accounts
• Groups could put MTPCA or Defend the Hunt and the money would go to our accounts
o Do we have a say in where the ad goes?
o What size?
o If we run in consecutive magazines, do we get a discount?
Dale will look into it, but probably not
May get more pull to put it in the beginning of the magazine
o First issue: December (mailed November 18)
o How many issues?
Dale: at least 3
• An extra $250 to do 1/3 all the way isn’t a big deal
o Jeff Whipple: Motion to put a 1/3 page add in T&PC for three consecutive months for $400 a month
o John Caretti seconds
o Motion carried unanimously
o Dale and Dennis will put ad together and have to them by Friday
• Dennis sent out an additional 350 letters to conservation clubs and gun ranges
• 6 volunteers from UPSA are working on getting lodges as drop off locations in UP
• Currently 21 sponsors online
o Additional 5 should be on next week
o 3 more will be voting
• Banners will be handed out next week
• When will we deliver salt?
o Drop off locations are asking
• Drew is still contacting other magazines
o Woods and Water is in contact with Drew now
o Could we contact American Trapper and other trapping magazines?
• Continuing hitting conservation/gun clubs in the next few weeks
o Goal of 50-100 by the first
• Next week Dennis will make instructional video on how to salt hides
• John Caretti: Do you need volunteers to deliver materials to clubs
o Dennis: big need
• Dale and Dennis will write an article to submit to magazines
• Everett: has a couple of clubs around him, could he take them fliers to have them post?
o Dennis thinks that he sent fliers to almost everyone in the state, so they should already have them
o Some are requesting additional materials, so it wouldn’t hurt to give them more
o Dale: DNR has been really helpful in providing a list of active gun clubs
o Dennis: DNR is working on authorization to get fliers to deer check stations and gun ranges
o Dale: Director Creagh is working with their legal department to try and make it work
• Nominations for regional VP
o Gary Schinske (director) – Zone 3
o Ed Mason – Zone 3
o Mark Earl – Zone 3
• Jon Southworth
o Got addresses for 1500 licensing agents
o Fliers (5000) and banners (750 dark, 750 light) are at printers
o Will stuff fliers in envelope when done
o Do we have postal code for mass mailing?
Talk to Diana
The postage for The Trapline is different
o Went to UAW sportsman’s group meeting
Back programs like ours
In support of Defend the Hunt
• Will post our fliers
They have the Freedom Hunt at Fort Custer this weekend, they will get deer hides for us
Will post fliers around GM
Will consider being a drop off location
Jon gave them fliers, info, and his contact information
Defend the Hunt link is going on their website
Dale: could hides be dropped off at MUCC building?
o Dennis says that we should have the banners next week
If there are any big events that we could use the banners for, we can dish them out before there are commitments
• Gary: when are we mailing “official welcome” materials to drop off locations? Who is sending them out, us or MUCC? Do they go to drop off locations or sponsors?
o Dennis will send them out Monday
o Drop off locations and sponsors are the same
• Where to store pallets of salt?
o Dale’s house and Gary’s house
o Mike Schippa’s house?
o MUCC would probably take some
o Ed Lundborg will take a pallet
• Dale has been asked by Tamie Masterson if she can discuss with us the possibility of us hosting an NTA convention in lower Michigan
o How should we do this meeting, by phone or in person?
o Gary: what year?
o We’ll have to discuss whether or not we are interested or if we can afford it
We should still probably entertain the idea
o Ed: did she give a timeline as far as when she wants to do it?
We meet regularly, but via phone
It’s difficult to give a full presentation via phone
o General board consensus that we should meet with her in person
o If it’s not a full on presentation (more conversational), could she distribute materials before and do conference call?
o Dale: biggest concern is that state associations don’t make a lot of money from NTA conventions and we don’t really have money to spare; plus side is that it would be a good relationship builder with NTA
o Gary: depending on how long she needs to talk, could we do it before the fur sale
o John Caretti: NTA is great, we don’t really “owe them”
o Dale will call Tamie and talk to her about it and let us know what she says
Next meeting: next Wednesday (10/23) at 8pm
General News Items
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 525
- Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:26 am
- Please type the second number in the list: 6
- Are you posting spam?: No
- Location: Southern, Michigan
Hey your kids are calling you, go take them Trapping, Hunting, Fishing, or Camping.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests